Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Risks Involved In Fistula Surgery
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two places. Most commonly, it originates somewhere in the intestine and communicates to another location in the intestine or in the skin. A fistula can develop after abdominal surgery, with inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, anorectal abscess, and ...Read more
I have transphincter fistula, going for flap surgery.After how long can I do deep, very heavy weighted squats, without risking i'll tear the flap off?
Activity post surger: You can do most anything 6 weeks after surgery assuming there are no post surgical issues. Your surgeon will tell you for sure. ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have 3 post surgical fistulas. Surgery was 9-22. What are my chances of them eventually collapsing? I have bowei drainage coming from the top gfistula.
Anal Fistula: Anal fistula should usually be addressed. Normally this is done with surgery. In patients with crohns disease, sometimes asymptomatic fistulae do not require treatment. Otherwise not treating a fistula can leave one at risk for infection, abscess, life threatening infection, and over a period of years, possibly cancer developing in the fistula tract. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Options: Depending on the cause of the fistula, additional diagnoses, age and health of the patient your surgeon will discuss the options. Have friends and family with you to help with this discussion. Usually diagnostic tests colonoscopy, ct scan of abdomen and pelvis are done before final surgical planning. ...Read more
Rare condition: Ureter runs into the bladder. Ureterovesical fistula has to be between the intrvesical ureter and bladder & is usually a complication following ureteral reimplant surgery. Procedure for repair is a redo ureteral reiplant excising portion of ureter distal to the fistula. This often requires a so called "boari flap", bringing up flap of bladder to shorten length of ureter needed for reimplant. ...Read more
Fistula abscess surgery cant take the pain anymore 10 days after surgery no medic or drug help me i want tu suscide cant take it please help?
Call: Call your doc. This is a painful surgery.ask what they suggest . If necessary. Go to ER, especially if suicidal thoughts. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any side effects from surgery to repair a torn meniscus?
- Are there any alternative treatments to use in place of prednisone?
- Are there any key differences between appendicitis and a stomach pain in a child?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any other options than surgery for a branchial cleft cyst?
- Are there surgeries to repair eye injury in the fovea centralis?
- Are there any nutritional or health benefits in chicken fat?
- Are there any natural remedies for a blocked artery in my arm?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free