Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Procedure To Get Rid Of Lazy Eye
Time for a visit: You need to visit an ophthalmologist and have a basic assessment done. You will need to clarify the issue. Some consider poorly a poorly aligned eye, "lazy" while it is better used for visual loss from one eye. Eye surgery may help re-align the eyes, but long term vision loss is usually permanent. Only a proper evaluation could be sure. ...Read more
Surgery may be it: An eye that's mis-aligned, in an adult, can be cosmetically distracting. Even if vision can't be improved, surgery to straighten the eye often does help. The underlying cause must be determined, & that list is extensive. In a child (younger than 8 or 9 yrs or so) a pediatric ophthalmologist should be consulted to try to recover vision. ...Read more
My child was told by an optician that one eye is myopic at -0.75 and other other is perfect. Glasses was recommended to prevent lazy eye. My child has no complaints with her sight, can see perfectly at school. Do I need to get her glasses anyway?
Absolutely: "lazy eye" is a somewhat derogatory layman's term for what i prefer to call by it's real name - amblyopia, or when the brain and eyes don't work well together. This is caused when the image reaching the back of the eye is not focused or when the eyes are not aligned. Symptoms include a poor judge of depth, one eye turning inwards or outwards, or the eyes not working together. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Full exam: Patching, glasses and/or surgery can help. A full exam for lazy eye includes looking for signs of and causes of lazy eye. These include a big difference in vision between eyes, as well as misalignment of the eyes. Eyes drops are usually used to dilate for the complete testing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any surgical procedure to get rid of my daughters wpw?
- Are there any eye drops product that helps get rid of cataracts?
- Is it okay to get a lazy eye for short period of time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lazy eye
- Is there any way to get rid of herpes?
- How do you get rid of eye bags without any formula or medication?
- Is it possible to get a lazy eye when you start wearing contacts?
- Talk to a pediatrician online