Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Procedure To Get Rid Of Lazy Eye
Surgery may be it: An eye that's mis-aligned, in an adult, can be cosmetically distracting. Even if vision can't be improved, surgery to straighten the eye often does help. The underlying cause must be determined, & that list is extensive. In a child (younger than 8 or 9 yrs or so) a pediatric ophthalmologist should be consulted to try to recover vision. ...Read more
Time for a visit: You need to visit an ophthalmologist and have a basic assessment done. You will need to clarify the issue. Some consider poorly a poorly aligned eye, "lazy" while it is better used for visual loss from one eye. Eye surgery may help re-align the eyes, but long term vision loss is usually permanent. Only a proper evaluation could be sure. ...Read more
My child was told by an optician that one eye is myopic at -0.75 and other other is perfect. Glasses was recommended to prevent lazy eye. My child has no complaints with her sight, can see perfectly at school. Do I need to get her glasses anyway?
Glasses and exercise: If your vision is not clear and you need glasses, this may help the "lazy" eye remain straight. Sometimes, there needs to be a prism in your glasses to keep your eyes straight. There are some vision exercises that can help as well. Visit your local eye doctor for assistance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What happens to a lazy eye if it's not treated? Does the lazy eye eventually stabilize or does it keep getting worse without treatment?
It : It is very important to address the treatment of a lazy eye. If left untreated, the visual potential of the "lazy eye" can be severely limited. Unfortunately, once the window of treatment is lost, and this is generally in childhood ( the younger the better!), then any treatment will have limited or no potential to improve vision! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any eye drops product that helps get rid of cataracts?
- Is there any surgical procedure to get rid of my daughters wpw?
- Is there a way to get rid of a busted blood vessel in my eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any way to get rid of scars from cellulitis?
- What are some natural ways to get rid of pinworms any herbs?
- Is there any way to get rid of the moles on my face without using surgery?
- Are there any foods that help get rid of vaginal odor?
- Talk to a pediatrician online