Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Potential Threats From Bronchoconstriction
Stop breathing: Bronchoconstriction, or narrowing of the airways due to swelling and/or spasm, decreases airflow into the lungs, and increases the effort needed to get that air in. This combination of stresses lowers the oxygen level, and if severe enough, a person can become weak, confused, collapse from exhaustion or even stop breathing altogether. This is how people can even die from an asthma attack. ...Read more
Tightened airways: Bronchoconstriction is narrowing of the air passages between the windpipe and the air sacs of the lungs, and is generally caused by swelling and spasm, which can be caused by infection, asthma, allergies, chemical irritation (smoke, smog or fumes), or a combination of factors. Acute means that a problem started suddenly or is only there for a short while (as opposed to chronic, all the time). ...Read more
What are some of the cells and inflammatory mediators involved in non-asthmatic exercise induced bronchoconstriction?
Why is breathing in during inspiration not affected by bronchoconstriction (asthma/copd)? I need some advice.
Bronchoconstriction: Lung disease is defined as either restricted or obstructed. Bronchoconstriction is, by definition, an obstructed condition. Obstructed diseases limit the ability to exhale air out of the lungs. Asthma and COPD are examples of diseases that lead to airway obstruction, where exhalation is affected, not inhalation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any chances of getting aids from getting aids blood on a cut?
- Are there any known bad side effects or death from smoking marijuana?
- Are there any skincare products from origins good treatment for eczema?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any good clothes to wear to prevent radiation damage from flying?
- Are there any health problems that can arise from burning chipboard?
- Are there any withdrawal side effects from taking adhd medications?
- Are there any serious potential complications of urticaria and angioedema?
- Are there any diseases you can get from masturbating?