Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Other Names For Bacterial Meningitis
Sure: If you are a close contact with him you likely need medication to reduce your risk of contracting this. Usually in this scenerio the local health department is involved in making sure all those exposed are treated adequately so you may need to contact them for advice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Most are initially treated with several different antibiotics at high doses until lab data shows which med would do the best job acting alone. Early diagnosis & treatment permit the best outcome. There is a risk of complications in all which very with the type of germ & speed of detection and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not long, just hours: Left untreated, bacterial meningitis is deadly, leading to death in hours to days. Even when treated appropriately, the risk of death still remains very high at 10%. Neurologic complications can occur despite the best of intentions.Check out http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/meningitis/ds00118 & http://my.Clevelandclinic.Org/disorders/meningitis/hic_bacterial_meningitis.Aspx for more information. ...Read more
Exposure/susceptable: It's puzzeling but some people can cary meningitis germs in their nose or throat & never get ill.We can get exposed to droplets in a sneeze, cough, kiss or mucous planted on a door handle. Touching our face with unwashed fingers carries germs that gain entrance to our nose/mouth/eye & if susceptabe, the germ begins to invade.We have cut the #'s of kid cases with vaccines & many adults could benifit. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can someone have bacterial meningitis without debilitating synptoms? And not know it, or do u always know u have it because of terrible synptoms?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any other alternatives to tamoxifen for breast cancer?
- Are there any other options than surgery for a branchial cleft cyst?
- Are there any approved treatments for fibromyalgia other than lyrica?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any treatments for sle other than taking steroids and other medicines?
- Are there any cures for acne?
- Are there any over-the-counter medicine for a minor eye infection?
- Talk to a pediatrician online