Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Natural Treatments For Gout That Have Been Proven To Be Helpful
Enriched skim milk?: Treatment no, but decreasing frequency of flare ups maybe so. Just released: drinking skim milk enriched with glycomacropeptide and g600 milk fat extract may help reduce the frequency of painful flare ups. Discuss with your doctor first though! here is the link: http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_121136.Html. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Cherry juice: Try cherry juice.Get a more detailed answer ›
Cherries: Are said to be good.Get a more detailed answer ›
Varied: There are many different treatments for the various pasts of gouty arthritis. For the acute attacks the inflammation can be treated with colchicine, anti-inflammatory medications( like ibuprofen) or steroids. Other medications may be used to lower the uric acid levels in the blood - like Allopurinol or uloric- for more chronic treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diet, meds: Aside from changing diet and possible medications causing gout, the two common drugs to lower uric acid are Allopurinol and uloric. Rarely, probenecid is used. A new infusion, krystexxa, is necessary very rarely. During flares, anti-inflammatories, ice and rest are helpful. A rheumatologist treats this kind of arthritis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Gout: Control your diet to avoid foods high in purines. Limit your use of alcohol and aspirin. Get tested for food sensitivities and avoid those foods as well. Drink plenty of water. If your uric acid cannot be controlled naturally, then Allopurinol should be able to. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
There are many: Probenecid (benemid, probalan) and sulfinpyrazone (anturane) are the standard uricosurics. A more potent uricosuric, benzbromarone, may work for people with severe tophaceous gout and kidney impairment when other drugs do not. In some studies, benzbromarone was equal to or even more effective than allopurinol, another type of antihyperuricemic drug. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any natural treatments for amenorrhrea due to anovulation?
- Are there any natural alternatives to clobex shampoo for scalp psorasis?
- Are there any new treatments for copd and emphysema that can extend my life?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any natural treatments for epididymitis?
- Are there any factors that makes someone more prone to having meniscus injuries?
- I have been diagnosed with venous stasis are there natural treatments available
- Are there any good medications that i can take to be able to sleep properly?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free