Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Natural Remedies For Gangrene In A Diabetic
No: I am not aware of any such evidence. ...Read more
Pain / discoloration: Gangrene develops when the tissues die due to loss of blood flow the first sign is discoloration. The tissue first looks mottled then pale before slowly turning darker and darker until completely black. This is typically a painful process. However diabetic patients with neuropathy may have less pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: There are two types of gangrene. Wet gangrene is dead tissue with an infection and is an emergency because can lead to death. Dry gangrene is dead tissue from no blood flow without infection. This typically spreads slowly - months. Your physician will try and stop the spread of gangrene by getting increased blood flow to the area of necrosis to stop the spread. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Symptoms: Short of trowing an embolism, gangrene occurs well after symptoms have been present for some time. Diabetes makes it more likely to develop peripheral arterial disease, but does not mean you have to. Smoking, however, dose go a long way to making existing disease more of an issue. If you don't have symptoms, stop smoking before you do. ...Read more
Wet or dry: If it is wet gangrene (infected) it can cause sepsis and death. If it is dry gangrene, it can be monitored closely and you can live with it as long as it doesn't convert to wet gangrene. Gangrene is dead tissue, bacteria loves dead tissue- so dry gangrene is a nidus for infection. Talk with your doctors to help weigh the specific risks, benefits, consequences and overall prognosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Neuropathy?: Diabetics have poor healing potential, and coupled with neuropathy (numbness or funny sensations in your feet), it predisposes you to ulceration or infection. Gangrene may occur due to infection, or lack of blood flow. See your podiatrist immediately if you're concerned. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any natural remedies for a blocked artery in my arm?
- Are there any natural remedies for a club foot?
- Are there any natural home remedies for a child with social anxiety?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any good natural remedies for a fractured toe?
- Are there any natural remedies to fix a torn mcl?
- Are there any natural remedies for toxic megacolon?
- How can i test for a vaginal infection at home are there any home remedies?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free