Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Natural Cures For Hypothyroidism In A Child
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
Fxn & antibodies: It isn't enough in pediatrics to check TSH and free T4 when concerned with autoimmune hypothyroidism. Mild elevations in TSH are seen commonly in obese kids who don't have anti thyroid antibodies, for example, and are not hypothyroid. Antithyroperoxidase and anti thyroglobulin antibodies are essential to help establish a diagnosis of primary autoimmune hypothyroidism in kids. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Low risk for child: Hypothyroidism is fairly common and can run in families, especially those that have a tendency to have autoimmune diseases, one of which is hashimoto's thyroiditis. Children very rarely get this. We are beginning to find some gene changes for many autoimmune diseases, but the influences are small and the genetic tests are under development. All newborns are screened immediately for hypothyroidism. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The thyroid makes thyroid hormone, the main one is t4, which is converted in other tissues to t3. An underactive thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone. You feel sluggish, bloated, constipated, cold. It is treated by taking replacement hormone levothyroxine. The thyroid also makes calcitonin, which is involved in calcium metabolism, but it is a weak hormone in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any natural remedies for a blocked artery in my arm?
- Are there any natural home remedies for a child with social anxiety?
- Are there any key differences between appendicitis and a stomach pain in a child?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any good herbs or natural supplements that can help a child with adhd?
- Are there any alternative cures other than antibiotics to take for a uti?
- Are there any good home remedies for a shy child to feel more confident?
- Is there a natural cure for a pinched nerve in the neck?
- Talk to a pediatrician online