Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Medications Or Eye Drops That Improve Astigmatism
No: Astigmatism results from asymmetric curvature of the cornea. Influenced by variety of factors, including size and shape of the eyeball, position of eyelids, bone structure around eye, age, stiffness of cornea, use of contact lenses, even excessive eye rubbing or pressure on the eyeball at night from sleeping face down. Usually vision correctable w glasses, contacts or lasik. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Astigmatism in right eye. Could this ever somehow improve on its own (even slightly), and if not, why?
Changes: Astigmatism comes from changes in corneal curvature over time and can vary (worsening, stable, or improving). Furthermore, astigmatism can also be from the lens or retina too. The former, as a result of aging, can be removed during cataract surgery. Retinal astigmatism, usually the result of retinal surface membranes, may be surgically treated. Mostly though, corneal astigmatism is treated by Rx. ...Read more
I have an eye problem.Blurry vision -300 with astigmatism.Im thinking of taking a medication like lutein.Can this cure my problem?
Astigmatism: Means that the front surface of the eye is not perfectly spherical. In other words, more like the side of an egg than an orange. Most eyes have astigmatism. If you have significant astigmatism, your vision will be blurred and you will need glasses or contact lenses to see well. ...Read more
Test: Astigmatism does not affect this. Hold out your thumb at arms length using it to cover a number on a wall clock. Then close one eye and then the other. The thumb will stay over the number from the dominant eye when you close the non-dominant eye, but will jump to one side when you close the dominant eye. And which eye do you sight a telescope with? The dominant eye. ...Read more
Yes: But why would you want to do so? ...Read more
Astigmatism: Astigmatism simply means that with respect to the optics of the eye, instead of being completely spherical, in one axis or the other the opics are more football shaped, bending the light more in that axis. Glasses or some toric contact lenses can help correct vision that has astigmatism. Lasik or surface ablation/prk can surgically correct astigmatism. I'm not sure why you're asking about magfcn. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any drugs or dietary habits that causes eye floaters?
- Are there any eye drops product that helps get rid of cataracts?
- Are there any medications to improve my astigmatism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any vitamins or minerals that are good for lung function?
- Are there really any pumps or pills that can permanently enlarge the penis?
- Are there any good herbs or natural supplements that can help a child with adhd?
- Are there any natural supplements or shampoos that can kill lice?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free