Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Home Remedies For Conjunctivitis
It depends: Conjunctivitis can be allergic, inflammatory or infectious. There are no home remedies for infectious or inflammatory conjunctivitis, while occasionally cool compresses and artificial tears can allevieate some of the symptoms of the allergic form. It is important to find out which type you have in order to treat it properly. For this reason, you should have an eye doctor evaluate your eyes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the thin mucous membrane that lines the front surface of the eyeball and the inside of the eyelids. As the inflammation increases, it causes the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva to dilate, thus leading to a redness of the eye. Depending on the cause of the conjunctitis there can also be itching, irritation, and discharge ...Read more
Yes: There is no interaction between them.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not sure of meaning: Maybe you are referring to inclusion body conjunctivitis, or conjunctivitis caused by chlamydia. This is treated with oral azithromycin, doxycycline, or erythromycin, and these also treat the genital infection if present. Sexual partners should also be treated. Other types of conjunctivitis are viral (which has to run its course) and bacterial, which is treated with antibiotic eye drops. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Allergic conjunctivitis home remedies
- Bacterial conjunctivitis home remedy
- What are the safest home remedies for conjunctivitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Home remedies for a uti
- Are there any home remedies for chlamydia?
- Is there any home remedy for shingles?
- Are there any at home remedies for psoriasis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free