Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Home Remedies For Conjunctivitis
It depends: Conjunctivitis can be allergic, inflammatory or infectious. There are no home remedies for infectious or inflammatory conjunctivitis, while occasionally cool compresses and artificial tears can allevieate some of the symptoms of the allergic form. It is important to find out which type you have in order to treat it properly. For this reason, you should have an eye doctor evaluate your eyes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not sure of meaning: Maybe you are referring to inclusion body conjunctivitis, or conjunctivitis caused by chlamydia. This is treated with oral azithromycin, doxycycline, or erythromycin, and these also treat the genital infection if present. Sexual partners should also be treated. Other types of conjunctivitis are viral (which has to run its course) and bacterial, which is treated with antibiotic eye drops. ...Read more
Depends on $: There are different levels of therapy. Ice packs (free), otc like zaditor or alaway ($10) or prescription drops like pataday, lastacaft, ellestat, et. Al. ($100). So "best" of all is prescribed meds that work in seconds and last all day. They are not cheap without insurance, but they do help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sir, I am on day 3 of my Accutane course. Today i got conjunctivitis. So, should I continue my Accutane course along with conjunctivitis treatment?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i test for a vaginal infection at home are there any home remedies?
- Are there any good home remedies for itchy eyes?
- Are there any home remedies for sciatic nerve pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any good home remedies for a shy child to feel more confident?
- Are there any good home remedies for interstitial cystitis?
- Are there any natural home remedies for a child with social anxiety?
- Are there any good home remedies for stomach ache?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free