Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Health Benefits To Smoking Cigarettes Or Pipe Tobacco
More than 46 million, nearly 21% of adults in the United States, smoke, according to a 2010 report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Smoking rates remained constant from 2005 - 2009. Smoking kills more than 5 million people a year worldwide, accounting for 1 out of ...Read more
Few things: Generally pipe smokers buy loose tobacco so there may be less hidden carcinogens unless you roll your own cigarettes. Pipe smokers may or may not inhale as deeply but can inhale deeper. In general, you ask for trouble with both. ...Read more
Probably: The amount of nicotine and chemicals in the bowl of a pipe is many times greater than a cigarette. Don't let the idea of not inhaling fool you. These chemical can be absorbed through the lining on your mouth, nose and throat. QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD GOOD LUCK ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
22 year old female. If i can quit smoking cigarettes at this young age will i avoid tobacco diseases?
Quit tobacco: Yes you can help avoid disease if you quit now and allow your body to recover. ...Read more
Is intestinal immunity weakened in any way by smoking cigarettes and/or chewing tobacco? What happens specifically (directly and/or indirectly)?
Not directly: Indirectly it affects blood flow to different parts of body there by tissue health. ...Read more
Absolutely: One of the strongest risk factors for cardiovascular disease is smoking. It causes both the blood vessels to the heart as well as those to the rest of the body to become narrowed and diseased. Stopping smoking is one of the best things you can do to extend your life. Chewing tobacco carries less of a risk than smoking, but studies show health risks with heart attacks as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would intestinal immunity be weakened by smoking cigarettes and/or chewing tobacco? What, specifically, happens? Iga deficiency? Permeability?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any nutritional or health benefits in chicken fat?
- Is it bad to smoke cigarettes or pipe tobacco while taking accutane?
- Are there any known bad side effects or death from smoking marijuana?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is latisse dangerous to use at all are there any health risks to using it?
- Are there any health risks to the alli fat blocker?
- Are there any foams or gels i can use to keep me from getting pregnant?
- Are there any signs to tell if a man is fertile or not?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free