Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Good Snacks That Are Healthy That I Can Give To My 5yo
My 5 year old pukes once a week for the past month -month &a half.
He seemed fine all day nothing wrong apatite wasn't the best but snacked alot after school. He randomly puked while watching a movie. And temp was normal. Just rechecked and it was 96.8 c
Vomiting: This sounds like he may be suffering from gastritis or reflux problem. If this was serious problem, he would not get better after one episode. Sometimes, this kind of symptoms are due to food, they don't like. If he did not have fever or diarrhea, he should be okay. If this becomes worse or persists for a long duration, then its prudent to see a doctor. ...Read more
Snacks to help with: Healthy weight gain: almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, hummus, avocadoes, granola, trail mix, dried fruits, protein shakes, protein bars, smoothies (with added silken tofu or powdered milk), greek yogurt (full –fat), pasta/ bagels ; use of juice rather than soda. Good luck. ...Read more
I have wanted to start eating more healthy, so I what are good snacks to keep me away from junk and really sweet food?
Depends: Nutella has a lot of calories, fat, and sugar. Probably not the best choice for a child's snack. That being said, if your child is at an otherwise healthy weight, I don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional whole wheat toast with Nutella :) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Snacks: Snack ideas: small sized greek yogurt, trail mix (you can make your own), air popped popcorn, cheese & crackers, veggies or fruit dipped in yogurt. For some great ideas see: http://www.Foodnetwork.Com/recipes-and-cooking/50-after-school-snacks/index.Html. ...Read more
Walking is best exer: Walk 8, 000 to 10, 000 steps a day(use a pedometer). Avoid animal based foods as anything with saturated foods(fried foods) and sugars in not healthy. Fruits, veggies and plant based proteins(soy/tofu), nuts, low fat dairy products and fish are healthy foods to consume. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any good medications that i can take to be able to sleep properly?
- Are there any types of foods i can eat that will let me lose weight in my belly?
- Are there medications that i can take to get over my fear of the dentist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to get rid of my liver spots that are getting more noticeable?
- Are there any vitamins i can take to prevent warts from growing on my feet?
- Are there any good herbs or natural supplements that can help a child with adhd?
- Are there any iron supplement that i can take that wont make me constipated?
- Talk to a pediatrician online