Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Diseases That Can Be Misdiagnosed As Endometriosis Or Vice Versa
There are several: But interstitial cystitis and irritable bowel syndrome are two culprits of abdominopelvic pain that are always in the differential. Certain elements of your history can help differentiate them from eachother and your doctor is best at guiding you there. Painful periods are a common presenting symptom of endometriosis but other causes (fibroids being a possibility) can exist 2 & warrant eval by gyn. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Endo & Life: Endometriosis is not contagious and will not affect your partner. Endometriosis is endometrial tissue that has implanted in abnormal places such as pelvis, ovary, bladder, or colon due to retrograde menstruation. When you have a a period, this tissue also bleeds causing pain, pelvic scarring and progressive infertility. It should be treated with laparoscopy, argon beam coagulation, and zoladex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Causes of: By Mayo Clinic Staff Although the exact cause of endometriosis is not certain, several possible explanations include: Retrograde menstruation. This is the most likely explanation for endometriosis. In retrograde menstruation, menstrual blood containing endometrial cells......http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/basics/causes/con-20013968 ...Read more
How can you differentiate between endometriosis, which causes bleeding in the rectum and bladder, and other diseases of these two organs?
Is endometriosis inherited? Is endometriosis a genetic disease? If my mom has it, does that mean I have it too?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there really any pumps or pills that can permanently enlarge the penis?
- Are there any good herbs or natural supplements that can help a child with adhd?
- Are there any natural supplements or shampoos that can kill lice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any home allergy testing kits that you can buy that work just as docs?
- Are there any good medications that i can take to be able to sleep properly?
- Are there any stds that can make your penis bleed?
- Are there any stds that can make your vagina bleed?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free