Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Differences Between A Barrel Chest And Pectus Carinatum
No: A pigeon chest is a deformity of the sternum in teenagers called pectus carinitum or excavatum. These are usually not responsible for any symptoms but are mostly cosmetic. A barrel chest is the result of COPD or emphysema and is an over expansion of the lungs from smoking resulting in the entire rib cage billowing out ke a barrel. ...Read more
I am a 51 year old male & have a pectus carinatum chest. For the past 2 years I have been having extremely painful chest spasms, is there a connection?
Pectus carinatum: There is a connection between your pectus and your chest spasms. Your pectus can be restrictive on your breathing causing painful spasms. Consult your doctor about a surgical correction at this late date. ...Read more
Horrible shooting chest pains? I used to pectus carinatum, and it caused me severe pain so i had a surgery to correct my chest.
Talk to your: Physician as it could be multiple things. ...Read more
Pectus carinatum: Pc when the chest protrudes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Same basic process: Accelerated longitudinal growth of the parasternal cartillages may push the sternum out or in during the period in which the sternum still growing and maturing. Out- carinatum or pigeon, in- excavatum or caved in, sunken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any major differences between phentermine and phentermine hcl?
- Is there any difference between a paraganglioma and a pheochromocytoma?
- Are there any major differences between phentermine and hoodia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the differences between a pimple and a cyst in your skin?
- Are there differences between zoloft and effexor?
- Is there any difference between antimicrobial and antiseptic?
- Is there any difference between glumetza er and generic metformin er?
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free