Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Cures For Asbestos Cancer
Will being exposed to asbestos a few times from remodeling a house cause me to get some sort of cancer ? I've read that even one exposure is bad.
Asbestos is a silicate mineral that was used extensively in construction as insulation for buildings. It was later found to cause lung disease in humans, and is no longer used in construction. However, the demolition of old building continues to put some people at risk of ...Read more
How many exposures to asbestos does it take for it to be harmful enough to cause cancer?
1 exposure years ago probably wouldn't cause any ill effect
See answer: Exposure to asbestos for just a few days has caused mesothelioma . If you were working in an area with asbestos dust and you were not wearing a special fitted respirator you are at risk. In the U.S. levels of asbestos exposure are strictly regulated. See: http://bit.ly/1Kmjxoz and http://1.usa.gov/1RWiJcu ...Read more
No: Thyroid tumors are associated with a stimulatory factor arising in the pituitary. Asbestos causes problems when the dust arising from the handling of asbestos gets into the respiratory tract. Under this situation many so exposed develop mesothelisoma of the lining of the lung totally unassociated with thyroid cancer which can also arise in early age from exposure of to H&N radiation. ...Read more
Mesothelioma (lung): No doubt. Asbestos exposure - especially long term - causes mesothelioma. It is not safe and harms health in many ways, but there is no established connection to any of the thyroid cancers. Here's a related link: http://scottieleemeyers.Com/2012/01/05/post-office-employees-battle-thyroid-cancer/ best wishes for your health. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any cures for acne?
- Are there any other alternatives to tamoxifen for breast cancer?
- Are there any proven alternatives to chemotherapy for breast cancer treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any alternative treatments for breast cancer instead of radiation?
- Are there natural cures for penile cancer?
- Are there any permanent cures for anemia?
- Are there any natural cures for hypothyroidism in a child?
- Talk to a occupational medicine specialist online for free