Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Alternatives For Warfarin
Many: As dr. Villaplana said, there are several. There are shots and pills. Although using alternatives to warfarin means that you don't have to be as careful about what you eat and you don't have to have regular blood tests to check whether you are getting too much or too little warfarin, they still have drawbacks. One of the most significant is that the alternatives are all a lot more expensive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do you advise if I'm currently on warfarin for antiphospholipidantibody syndrome, is there a warfarin alternative?
Yes: There are two or three thrombin inhibitors now available to be taken by mouth. Ask your doctor ...Read more
I am taking apixaban ( 3 mths ) for AF ( changed from Warfarin ) - both 'scary' drugs. Your views please on Vit E Quinone 2 as alternative?
If taking warfarin sodium will there be any reaction if I wanted to take a nutrition program to lose weight? Is there an alternative to warfarin
Warfarin and dieting: A balanced nutrition program should be fine while on warfarin. There are some foods that can interefer with warfarin. Pradaxa is a newly released medication that is an alternative to warfarin. It is much more expensive and may not be covered by insurance. It can cause GI (intenstinal) side effects. It does not require blood tests which are required to monitor warfarin doses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It's not: Aspirin, although, used for anticoagulation, is drastically different from warfarin. It acts upon platelets preventing their aggregation, whereas warfarin acts upon clotting factors (proteins) in the liver, therefore being much stronger in its ability to thin blood. For DVT prophylaxis warfarin is indicated and Aspirin is not. ...Read more
I have an artificial heart valve and was wondering if there is an alternative to warfarin out there?
YES: Ask your CARDIOLOGIST if one of the newer anticoagulants is right for you! Hope this helps! Dr Z ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any natural alternatives to clobex shampoo for scalp psorasis?
- Are there any alternative medicine treatments for emphysema?
- Are there any other alternatives to tamoxifen for breast cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any alternative treatments for polymyositis?
- Are there any alternative cures other than antibiotics to take for a uti?
- Are there any alternative treatments for molluscum?
- Are there any alternative treatments for breast cancer instead of radiation?
- Talk to a cardiologist online