Doctor insights on:
Are There Alternative Treatments For Pseudotumor Cerebri
No: Pseudotumor cerebri can occasionally result in visual loss and blindness in addition to severe headaches. Pseudotumor needs to be carefully followed by an eye doctor and sometimes a neurologist as well. 90% of people with pseudotumor are obese females and weight loss, sometimes modest amounts, can be a highly effective treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pseudotumor cerebri is a condition in which the pressure inside your skull increases when there is no obvious cause. While symptoms may resemble those of a brain tumor, there is no actual tumor present. The condition occurs more commonly in obese women, especially those ...Read more
Non-operative: Weight loss will often help. Many patients will respond to fluid restriction, corticosteroids and diuretics. In rare cases either optic nerve fenestration or shunting may be required but these are really last resort choices. Visual loss is possible and must be checked carefully. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See doctor: Pseudotumor cerebri is an acquired condition that mimics increased pressure on the brain, but is usually benign. The most common cause is excessive vitamin a & beta carotene intake. Also, some medications can cause it- most notably tetracycline antibiotics. It won't kill you if you see your doctor and identify the cause in your case. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any alternative medicine treatments for emphysema?
- Are there any alternative treatments for polymyositis?
- Are there any alternative treatments for molluscum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any alternate good alternative treatments for periodic limb movement?
- What alternative treatments are there for a grade 4 glioblastoma brain tumor?
- Are there any effective alternative treatments for pulmonary hypertension?
- Are there any natural alternatives to clobex shampoo for scalp psorasis?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free