Doctor insights on:
Are There Alternative Therapies For Puncture Wound Of The Lip
Depends.: Most puncture wounds to the lip will generally heal on their own unless there is a significant tear or laceration that requires suturing. The only "alternative" to suturing is allowing healing to take place similar to a scab if one were to fall and scrape one's knee. It is important to make sure that tetanus is up to date and to look out for signs of infection: redness, swelling and/or pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lip Puncture Wound: Get it evaluated in an er or urgent care. History and physical are required to assess for deep structure involvement, retention of foreign bodies, possible neurovascular damage, possible radiologic evaluation, updating tetanus status, etc. No other treatment may be required. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Exactly: It means he has an injury that caused a hole in his lip. Usually caused by a sharp pointy object (like a tooth), or something that stabbed him, like a pin or knife. ...Read more
Superfast healing: The good news is that area has fantastic blood supply and so healing will occur rapidly. Inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling) is the body increasing the blood flow to the injury to bring healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. Dressings and ointments are of no value there. Avoid further trauma to the area and let nature take it's course. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doc visit: A puncture one of the toe should be thoroughly cleansed and debrided. You may require a course of oral antibiotics. Local wound care will make sure you heal up properly. If there's any suspicion that bone is involved then you should have a baseline x-ray. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there effective natural treatments for puncture wound of the ear?
- Which treatment works the best and fastest for puncture wound of lip
- Are there warning signs to look for during the 6th month of pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any warning signs i should look for during the 7th month of pregnancy?
- Are there effective alternative therapies for fioricet addiction?
- Are there good alternative therapies for congenital adrenal hyperplasia?
- What are the side effects of icy hot for arthritis therapy?
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free