Doctor insights on:
Are The Effects Of Computer Eye Strain Temporary
I have to be on the computer for work for most of my day. Is there an eye exercise that I can do very quickly to alleviate the strain?
Adjust computer dist: Taking a "vision" break every 30 minutes by staring off at a distance helps. So does changing the distance the monitor is from you every so often. Be sure to use artificial tears regularly if you feel a burning sensation. Most importantly, change what you are focusing on regularly (screen, desk, looking out the window, etc.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Warmer: Many people feel the warmer (lower k temperature) colors are more pleasing. There is a setting for this under your monitor control. Also, some feel a slight yellow tint to computer glasses reduces glare and increases contrast. Making sure the resolution is set to a native value on lcd displays makes text sharper as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable : Computer eye strain is very common complaint now a days. Also called video or terminal display syndrome results from prolong focus on an electronic display. Usually symptoms of dryness, burning, stinging, fatigue , and blurriness are present. Take frequent breaks, and look away at distant objects. Use artificial tears. Close your eyes for a few minutes are a few suggestions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes!: First, make sure your glasses are appropriate and the clearest they can be. Adjust your ambient lighting for least glare. Use artificial tears if necessary and practice the 20/20 rule: at least every 20 minutes, look up at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes.: There are many different things that can cause headaches so the first thing to do is to make sure that the eye strain is the reason. Musles inside the eyes contract when near work (like reading) is being performed. Prolonged periods of such contraction can lead to eye strain and headaches which can radiate to the temples; glasses can support the muscles so they don't have to work as hard. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of leaving your eye contacts on over night?
- Can you suffer eye strain if you have been on the computer for couple of hours?
- What are the side effects of laser eye surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the negative side effects of swallowing semen?
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- What are the side effects of cortisone shots for mortons neuroma?
- What are the causes of temporary loss peripheral vision?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free