Doctor insights on:
Are Tens Units Effective For Most People
It depends.: It depends on the course of disease, acute vs chronic, the level of pain tolerance, severity, and the cause. Some meta-analyses had confirmed the effectiveness for some types of pain such as pain in osteoarthritis, postoperative pain, and chronic musculoskeletal pain. It is more effective in chronic pain and sometimes aggravates the pain in acute injuries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How effective is a RF neurotomy for lower back pain treatment? Do most people get relief? What is the next step if it doesn't work?
TENS Time: Tens, or transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation is a therapy used to "exhaust" nerves and deplete them of neurotransmitter to limit the transduction of nervous impulses, or pain. Depending on the location of the problem on the body, the electrode size, the impedence or resistance of the skin and deeper fatty tissues and voltage of the unit, the amount of relief can vary; adjust with caution. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Passion flower I read is effective for anxiety.Does this mean it can also help people with anxiety similar to OCD with thoughts only?
Not necessarily: In one study, passion flower liquid extract 45 drops daily compared favorably to Oxazepam (serax) 30 mg for treating symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder in some patients. I don't know of any studies using it for OCD -- but i did run across one anecdotal comment that was positive. It could be worth a try, but you would be your own experimental series of one. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on : The foot pains they suffer from. But, as a sandal/shoe i like them as they offer good arch support. ...Read more
I was wondering is a belt lipectomy (body lift) effective for people with cortisol/adrenal issues like cushing's syndrome?
No: treats symptom, not CAUSEGet a more detailed answer ›
Are glucosamine & chondroitin supplements effective for elderly people who suffers from spinal stenosis? And for runners?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most effective home remedies for ant bite?
- What are the most effective home remedies for basilar artery migraine?
- What are the most effective treatments for piriformis syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What types of exercises are most effective for losing weight?
- Are there any effective holistic diet habits for people with adhd?
- What are the most effective exercises for slimming your waist?
- Which treatments for deep vein thrombosis are most effective
- What are the most effective home remedies for congestive heart failure?