Doctor insights on:
Are Sugar Alcohols Safe
No: Can add to glycemic load.Get a more detailed answer ›
Complex chemistry: The correct answer to this involves basic knowledge of carbohydrate biochemistry. Sugar alcohols are hydrogenated forms of carbohydrates. Some simple sugar alcohols are toxic (such as ethylene glycol [antifreeze]), others can be used as food sweeteners, but they are mostly much less sweet that sucrose, which is common table sugar. ...Read more
Different molecules: Sugar is a sugar and sugar alcohols have an alcohol moiety on the end of it. This causes it to taste sweet but not raise the blood sugar but studies have shown they trick the brain into thinking there is not enough sugar around and makes people feel more hungry and subsequently gain weight. Use of either in moderation or even sparingly is the best. ...Read more
I had borderline high c-peptide and lowered by low carbohidrate diet. Can i consume products consisting sugar alcohol?or will it still have effect?
How i will check sugar free (sugar alcohol) syrup have cariostatic potential (anti- carious properties) ? how its better than sugar syrup in pedia.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to drink alcohol?
- Safe consumption of alcohol
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen with alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sugar vs sugar alcohol diabetes
- Is stevia a sugar alcohol?
- Is erythritol a sugar alcohol?
- Lowest sugar content in alcohol
- Is sugar alcohol safe during pregnancy?