Doctor insights on:
Are Steroids Given As A Premed To Gemzar
Not known as such: Anything is possible, but this is not a common known side effect of gemzar/gemcitabine which has many side effects. You are taking this med, likely that you are on something else as well which may be the cause. Also, when ill, sugar levels tend to rise as well. Best is to consult your doc... Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Side effects vary: Gemzar is generally well tolerated given weekly 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 weeks per cycle. Usually does not cause hair loss or neuropathy. Taxol can be given weekly or every 3 weeks and with risk of reactions during infusion (steroid premedication needed), some hair loss and significant neuropathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Less neuropathy: Unlike taxol, gemcitabine does not cause neuropathy. It can cause low platelets. It can also cause fluid retention. Also it is usually given 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Unlike taxol which typically is given weekly. That is about it in regards to the difference. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are people referring to alcoholism as a disease not a lifestyle choice?
- What foods are best to eat as a fat burning food?
- I brush my teeth two or three times a day and they are still yellow what to do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are you able to get an std from using saliva as lubrication during masturbation?
- Are your tubes able to grow back together after so long from a tubal ligation?
- Is it normal to have a fever with bronchitis after antibiotics are started?
- How many aspirin to take if you are having a heart attack?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free