Doctor insights on:
Are Some Women More Prone To Getting Vesicovaginal Fistula
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two places. Most commonly, it originates somewhere in the intestine and communicates to another location in the intestine or in the skin. A fistula can develop after abdominal surgery, with inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, anorectal abscess, and ...Read more
My sister says she has vesicovaginal fistula. Are family members more likely to get the same thing?
Usually not: A fistula is an abnormal connection between 2 organs. A vesicovaginal fistula is a connection between the bladder and vagina. There is usually no pain and the symptom is uncontrollable leakage of urine; some patients are even unaware that the origin is from the vagina. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No reason: Vesicovaginal fistula wordwide is common, usually as result of birthtrauma, but cause in most developed countries is complication of gyn surgery. It won't kill you but symptoms of continually leaking urine and recurrent utis are very unpleasant thus surgical repair is advisable. Some can die in africa from massive sepsis. Surgery can be quite complex so best to find an experienced pelvic surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Surgery: When a vesicovaginal fistula has developed, usually after delivery, surgery or radiotherapy, surgery is the treatment. Depending on the exact condition and size, your gynecologist may correct this, or they may need assistance from a urogynecologist or urologist. The most difficult cases are after radiotherapy for pelvic cancers, as these tissues can be slow to heal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Vesicovaginal fistula cramps. I've bee n diagnosed with vesicovaginal fistula but have no urine leaking, just pelvic cramps. I had a hysterecyears ag.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting yellow skin?
- Are some people more prone to getting urinary retention?
- Are some people more prone to getting whipples disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are some people more prone to getting heart attack?
- Are some people more prone to getting cerebral contusion?
- Are some people more prone to getting pseudogout?
- Are some people more prone to getting varicocele?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free