Doctor insights on:
Are Some People More Prone To Getting Urinary Retention
Yes: Older men, in particular, can develop obstruction of the urethra by an enlarged prostate gland. Patients with certain neurologic conditions can also have problems with urinary retention. People with tumors can have compression of the ureters or urethra which may produce an obstruction of the flow of urine. Rarely a large kidney stone may cause urinary retention. ...Read more
I have been on atovaquone for 7 month and started to get urinary retention 4 months ago. Prostate and kidneys normal. Is there any correlation?
Not known: Long term use of Malarone (atovaquone and proguanil) (atovone/proguanil) is uncommon due to its cost. It is generally thought to be safe, but not much is known. The indivudual components atovone & proguanil have been used for long periods without concerns. If you decide to stop Malarone (atovaquone and proguanil) to see if urinary retention is related make sure your doctor finds another effective antimlarial medication for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Catheterization as: An emergency. Then cause must be treated. Antibiotics if due to infection. Medication or surgery if due to prostatic obstruction. Urethrotomy or urethroplasty if due to urethral stricture. Enema or stool disimpaction if due to constipation. Intermittent catheterization for neurogenic bladder dysfunction. Bladder suspension for prolapse. Valve resection for posterior or anterior urethral valves. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting yellow skin?
- Are some people more prone to getting whipples disease?
- Are some people more prone to getting rheumatic fever?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are some people more prone to getting cerebral contusion?
- Are some people more prone to getting pseudogout?
- Are some people more prone to getting varicocele?
- Are some people more prone to getting stomach pains?
- Talk to a urologist online for free