Doctor insights on:
Are Some People More Prone To Getting Tick Bite
Is there anything I can get from the grocery store or drug store for my tick bite until I can see a doctor?
I have the bullseye rash around a tick bite but no other symptoms of Lyme disease. Should i still get a test done?
Get Rx & blood test!: A bullseye rash around a tick bite is considered proof of lyme disease.If you do not have symptoms yet, you almost certainly will over time. It takes time for a blood test to turn positive & you should not wait for this; the earlier you start treatment the better the outcome.Many lyme specialists advise Doxycycline 200 mg 2x/day for a month to be safe.Also get tested for co-infections like babesia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm just wondering, if you get erythema migrans from a tick bite is it indicative of Lyme disease?
Possibly: That is one cause. There are others. ...Read more
I have a bullseye rash around a tick bite but do not have any other symptoms of Lyme disease. Do I need to get a blood test?
Not just Lyme: Avoid being "lyme-centric"! depending on geography, there are several other tick borne diseases ( e.g. Anaplasmosis, babesia, human monocytic or granulocytic erlichiosis) that co-infects with lyme (caused by b. Burgdorferi), or else , the diagnosis is something other than lyme (eg. Relapsing fever caused by b. Hermsii & southern tick -associated rash illness [stari] caused by a diffferent tick. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: You get strep throat from exposure to the germ in saliva or contaminants on your fingers.Kiss someone, share a drink, touch a door handle they contaminated and you have your strep.The tic bite can transmit a variety of germs into your blood ot tissue, but it won't give you strep throat. ...Read more
I have a tick bite scar right next to my pee hole. It's been there for 10 years. It's a small darkish lump with a tiny dot. Can I get rid of the scar?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting fungal infection?
- Are some people more prone to getting bacterial infection?
- Are some people more prone to getting laryngitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are some people more prone to getting interstitial pneumonia?
- Why are ticks more prone to some people?
- Are some people more prone to getting deep venous thrombosis?
- Are some people more prone to getting atypical pneumonia?
- Talk to a dermatologist online