Doctor insights on:
Are Some People More Prone To Getting Laryngitis
Common: Laryngitis is an inflammation of the lining of the voicebox (the larynx) and occurs as a residual effect of colds and other upper respiratory infections (which are common) but can also occur from overuse (lengthy singing or yelling loudly like at a sports game) and rarely from growths on the larynx. Your otolaryngologist can evaluate this and give you the best remedy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ever since i had my first bout of bronchitis/laryngitis 3 yrs ago, everytime i get sick, i get laryngitis. Is there any possible way to avoid this?
I was just wondering if it is possible to get laryngitis from a car accident and if it is then how? What causes it?
Laryngitis: Everyone heals at different rates, the best way to help get your voice back when the cords are inflammed from infection is voice rest. No talking! ...Read more
I currently have laryngitis & it comes the same time evry year. I sing in choir & our concert is 10/7/2012. I have a solo. How can I get back voice?
Be careful: As soon as possible, you will need to see an ENT doctor who has a strong interest in voice. Ent needs to visualize your vocal cords to determine if there are any nodules or lesions that may be affecting the quality of your voice. It is possible you could make your singing and talking voice worse if you don't seek a medical opinion 1st. If it is simple laryngitis, there are ways to get you ready. ...Read more
Yes: People in one household tend to get the same upper respiratory infections at the same time, because the germs (usually viruses) are contagious. In the fall season, we see kids getting croup (cold symptoms and a barky cough). The same viruses that cause croup will cause laryngitis in teens and adults. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting fungal infection?
- Are some people more prone to getting bacterial infection?
- Are some people more prone to getting tick bite?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are some people more prone to getting interstitial pneumonia?
- Are some people more prone to getting deep venous thrombosis?
- Are some people more prone to getting atypical pneumonia?
- Are some people more prone to getting cataract?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online