Doctor insights on:
Are Some People More Prone To Getting Folliculitis
Folliculitis is a condition in which one or more hair follicles are swollen. It can occur anywhere on the skin, and usually occurs when the hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing, shaving, or blockage of the follicle, and a bacterial infection may follow. Common symptoms may include a rash, itching, and ...Read more
Folliculitis: Folliculitis is inflammation or the hair follicles of the skin, often from infections. Not shaving the area can help it heal. Some dermatologists recommend using benzoyl peroxide like in acne preparations OTC. If is annoying and can worsen, but not as serious as most other skin infections. If fever, increased redness of skin or pain, pus, or lump develops, please be seen right away by a physician. ...Read more
How old are you?: We need to know your age. Please put it in your public profile. We cannot answer questions from minors. Knowing your country or state helps, too. Age, location, and gender, can affect our answer, since some conditions are more likely in different places or in different age groups. Be honest! You expect if of us, & we expect it of you! List any meds you take, & any chronic medical problems, too. ...Read more
Taken doxy 50 for 2 months for folliculitis on body,, has not worked, made it worse. will it get worse when I quit? will my skin ever recover?
Skin and detox: Lots of remedies for folliculitis. The question I have is what is causing it? Are you detoxing? Having a reaction to soaps, shampoos, foods? Start with your bathroom cabinet and check your products against the website www.Ewg.Org. There you will find a cosmetics database of over 69, 000 products. Keep anything you place on your skin/scalp in the 0-2 range and see if your folliculitis doesn't clear. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting yellow skin?
- Are some people more prone to getting urinary retention?
- Are some people more prone to getting whipples disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are some people more prone to getting heart attack?
- Are some people more prone to getting cerebral contusion?
- Are some people more prone to getting pseudogout?
- Are some people more prone to getting varicocele?
- Talk to a dermatologist online