Doctor insights on:
Are Some People More Prone To Getting Cough And Fever
Yes: You are talking most about the common cold. This requires exposure and susceptibility. If people around you have a cold, you could be exposed. But your system must be susceptible (i.e. Your bodily defenses are down). Also if you move to a new city, you will get more colds for 1-2 years as you wade through the endemic cold viruses in that area. ...Read more
Breathing problems: If you are experiencing cough associated with significant fever, you may very well have pneumonia, and that will require an antibiotic. Other potential causes include a blot clot in the lung, tumor, and other inflammatory conditions of the lung. So, yes, it could be something bad. Best to have it checked out. ...Read more
Probably stay home: You are likely to be infecting your coworkers. If you have to work and want to minimize symptoms, there are many otc products. For cough, choose one which contains dextromethorphan (usually designated by dm on the bottle. Aspirin or Acetaminophen will help your fever and achiness, and you may also benefit from a decongestant. Look at the bottles or ask pharmacist. ...Read more
If ur Dr. says so: Cough and fever aren't, by themselves, indications for antibiotics. If you have a diagnosis of pneumonia, bacterial bronchitis, sinusitis with post nasal drip causing cough then perhaps. Routinely taking antibiotics for upper respiratory symptoms is one of the reasons why antibiotics are no longer working (bacterial resistance, see http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/antibiotic_resistance ). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting rheumatic fever?
- Are some people more prone to getting yellow skin?
- Are some people more prone to getting urinary retention?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are some people more prone to getting heart attack?
- Are some people more prone to getting cerebral contusion?
- Are some people more prone to getting pseudogout?
- Are some people more prone to getting varicocele?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free