Doctor insights on:
Are Sleeping Pills Dangerous For Person With Glaucoma
Depends : If you are diadnosed with open angle glaucoma, the use of sleeping medication should not affect your glaucoma . If your dianosis includes, or is limited to narrowing of the angles, sleep medications can cause an angle closure attack. Find out your diagnosis: type of glaucoma-- open angle and narrow angle. ...Read more
Yes it can..: It can be... Work with your physician to help you find the best dose and/ or mix of medications. ...Read more
Can be unsafe: Sedative/hypnotic medications are used by many patients safely for sleep when taken as prescribed. However, if taken in greater amounts, combined with other sedating substances or medications, or other inappropriate actions are taken they can be dangerous and even lethal. Many of them have at least some inhibitory effect on the nervous system; when magnified that can cause respiratory depression. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Never take together: It's never a good idea to take sleeping pills with alcohol. They both cause sedation and can effect your breathing at night. Alcohol close to bedtime is also discouraged within 5-6 hours of bedtime as it has an adverse effect on your sleep. Proper sleep hygiene can be beneficial to patients with insomnia. Speak to your doctor and see if a referral to a sleep specialist is appropriate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sleeping pills glaucoma
- How dangerous is it to drink a beer or so if i take sleeping pills?
- Ocuvite person glaucoma
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Person prediabetes diet pills
- Is it dangerous to your vision to fly if you have glaucoma?
- Is it dangerous to take the morning after pill?
- Safe person glaucoma lasik vision correction
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free