Doctor insights on:
Are Protein Shakes Safe For 18 Year Olds
My son is 14 years old. He weighs 115lbs. He has been working out and wants to drink protein shakes. Is this safe for him? If so, what amount?
Protein Shakes: Should be fine. Do your research on the quality of the shake as some have been found to contain toxic heavy metals. Also watch the amount of calories/carbohydrates in them. For muscle mass increase, restrict carbohydrates and add protein for 2 hours post workout. For quicker/increased recovery increase carbohydrates and restrict protein post workout. ...Read more
Sure!: Sounds like he is wanting to build some lean muscle as is typical for teenage boys, keep an eye on his total protein intake which should not be more than 1.4 mg/k/day. 0.8 to 1 mg/kg/day is adequate protein intake. Good luck! Great to see your teen interested in nutrition! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Family practice : It is safe and effective it also helps curb appitite. ...Read more
My 16 year old son is drinking gainer protein shakes after lifting. bilirubin level 3.8. Could this be related?
Normal kidneys?: It is important to make sure that your kidneys are working properly and that you are consuming a protein combination that is safe for you. Generally most people can consume 1-1.5 grams/kg of protein and higher levels can be consumed by the level of activity. Please consult your doctor to understand what is safe for you. Too much protein and other additives in body building formulas can be harmf ...Read more
I know someone how is 14 years old. She is 5 feet 9inches and weights 240 lb. She wants to know uf it is okay for her to drink protein shakes?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe for a 14 year old to drink protein shakes?
- Are protein shakes bad for you if youre under 18?
- Average weight for 18 year old female
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Average weight for a 18 year old female
- Healthy diet plans for 18 year old male
- Whats a safe blood pressure level for a 45 year old women
- Normal blood pressure for 18 year old male
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free