Doctor insights on:
Are Pregnant Women More Likely To Get Mosquito Bites
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Mosquito bites: Use insect repellant in small amounts, stay in the house at night. Most bites are benign and there are few illnesses in the usa transmitted by mosquitos that are likely to affect you and the fetus. Good luck. ...Read more
You won't.: In the u.S over the past couple of years, the number of west nile infections were in the low hundreds. You have a greater chance of getting in car accident on the way to the doctor's office, then getting symptoms of west nile (most cases are without symptoms). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sorry, no immunity: As much as it would be great, one cannot form an immune response to mosquito bites... ...Read more
Itching: Store aloe vera gel in refrigerator & apply to affected area. Rub basil leaf on bite. It repels mosquitoes & has anti-inflammatory effect. Consider applying calamine lotion or crushed ice or a cold pack. A 1 to 1 mix of water & baking soda is effective when applied to lesions. You can take oral medications like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Chlorpheniramine for itching. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mosquito Bites: Store aloe vera gel in refrigerator & apply to affected area. Rub basil leaf on bite. It repels mosquitoes & has anti-inflammatory properties effect. Consider applying calamine lotion. Apply crushed ice or a cold pack. A 1 to 1 mix of water & baking soda is effective when applied to lesions. You can take oral medications like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Chlorpheniramine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are women more likely to get thyroid disease?
- When is a woman more likely to get pregnant
- What days are you more likely to get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is it that women are more likely to get blood clots on an airplane then men?
- Does coffee make me more or less likely to get pregnant?
- Where am i more likely to be bitten by a malaria infected mosquito
- How likely is it to get pregnant?
- Talk to a dermatologist online