Doctor insights on:
Are Plastic Sunglasses Harmful For Ur Eyes
Can the sun damage your eyes when they're closed? Let's say you're lying out in the sun and your eyes are closed with no sunglasses. Are your eye lids enough to protect your eyes from the sun's harmful uv rays? Or is it necessary to put sunscreen on your
Usually healthy: Make sure that the sunglasses block uv rays. They will usually say "blocks uva/uvb" on the side. There were some problems with sunglasses that blocked visible light well, allowing the pupil to dilate, but they did not block uv (ultraviolet rays) well, so they let even more uv rays in than wearing no sunglasses. Most modern or quality sunglasses block uv rays well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Brown or grey: To block the uv light most effectively, sunglasses of brown or grey are the best. These always have incorporated in them uv blockage. Other colors are mostly cosmetic and a few for special circumstances. None are bad for the eyes although some are not effective. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Welding produces high intensity uv irradiation which can cause terrific burns of the cornea (a sort of advanced sunburn). There are plenty of special lenses to protect the eyes during welding but polarized or any other type of ordinary sunglasses will not provide enough blockage to protect the eyes. Your welding supply store can supply the correct lenses and they should be present at work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: You sunglasses protect your eyes from damaging uv rays. The don't cause reflection toward your skin. You should wear sunglasses whenever you are in the sun. ...Read more
Not especially: Sunglasses are useful for blocking out harmful uv rays and excess light. Polarizing blockers can allow for more clear vision in special circumstances such as light reflecting from water or snow or some atmospheric phenomena. This allows for clearer vision in these circumstances but does not provide extra eye protection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are spicy food bad for eyes?
- For how long are your eyes swollen after eyelid surgery
- What eye drops are good for dry eyes and how long can you use the drops?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatment for low eyes pressure after retinal detachment surgery?
- Is wearing sunglasses bad for your eyes?
- What brand of sunglasses provide the best protection for lighter colored eyes?
- Are there any good home remedies for itchy eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free