Doctor insights on:
Are People Who Get The Flu Shot Contagious
Yes: ABSOLUTELY, ASTOUNDINGLY YES !!Get a more detailed answer ›
Influenza is a viral respiratory infection that causes cough, fever, chills, sore throat, muscle aches and headache. While most healthy people suffer few complications from the flu, it can be deadly for pregnant women, babies and children, the elderly and those with weak immune systems. That's why it's so important to get the flu shot to protect yourself ...Read more
Influenza vaccine: Most states allow for religious exemptions for vaccinations. Although influenza vaccinations might be required for some health care workers - I don't believe that influenza vaccination is usually mandated. However, I am not a lawyer - a lawyer may be able to give you a better response. ...Read more
My.Daughter had epstein barr 4 years ago should she get the flu shot. My mom said people who have had epstein barr should never get the flu shot?
Should my 2 1/2 toddler get the flu shot even if he doesn't attend daycare. I'm a stay at home mom, so we only go out when we really need to.
Depends on strain: At any given time there are possibly as many as 6-7 strains of flu circulating in different parts of the world. The flu vaccine that is developed every year relies on international surveillance to select the 3 most common strains to be included in the vaccine. More than 3 diminishes the effectiveness.Air travel can bring any strain to your local & if exposed to a non- vaccine strain, u may get it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: people who report illness after the flu most likely are experiencing their immune system revving up in response to the vaccine. Low grade fever aches, etc are not uncommon. It is NOT the flu, flu is an entirely different animal. High fever, severe aches and pains where it hurts to move, cough and other respiratory symptoms that can last weeks. It is a misery that is best avoided. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are you contagious after getting the nasal flu vaccine?
- Who long are you contagious with the flu after your fever breaks
- Can you get the flu shot if you are sick?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after getting the flu are you contagious?
- What are the chances of getting the flu after having the flu shot?
- Who are the people that can easily get autoimmune hepatitis
- How many people get the flu shot each year?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free