Doctor insights on:
Are Out Of Date Birth Control Pills Any Less Effective
Possibly: They are stamped with an expiration date for a reason...Don't risk it! ...Read more
Also known as oral contraceptives, birth control pills are highly effective oral medications that use hormones to prevent pregnancy. There are two main types of birth control pills: one with estrogen and progestin (also known as the combination pill) and one with just progestin. The two main ways they prevent pregnancy are: 1) The hormones thicken the cervical mucous, which keeps sperm from entering the uterus on their way to the egg; and 2) By maintaining a level of hormone in the blood stream that prevents the ...Read more
I've noticed vitamins/medications coming out in my stool post colectomy. How can I be sure that birth control pills are fully absorbed and effective?
Dose and birth contr: The most important thing will all birth control (also known as oral contraceptives) is that you consistently take them. Missing doses and taking medication with other medicine and foods (herbs) can affect the effectiveness of the birth control pills. Please know pregnancies can occur even if everything is taken perfectly. Birth control is about 98% effective so there is a chance of pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should it take birth control pills to get out of your system if only taken for less than two weeks?
Can you please help and tell me ways that i can make my birth control pills even more effective? And what are ways to make them less effective?
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is birth control less effective the week of your period?
- When does birth control pill become effective
- How long for birth control pills to become effective?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Estrogen pills birth control cause any problems
- How to start birth control pills on any day?
- How change date period with birth control pills?
- Does vitamin c make birth control less effective?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free