Doctor insights on:
Are Oranges The Culprit Of My Swollen Tonsils And Sore Throat
I have a sore throat but no other symptoms. I only have very swollen tonsils. This is day 6 and it hasn't let up at all. Ideas?
Go to ENT: Do you have fever, fatigue? Could be viral pharyngitis, tonsillitis, and mononucleosis.Or others things .Check for signs of mono (mono spot test) and the epstein-barr virus. Blood tests can also help rule out other causes of your symptoms.Please get yourself checked by an ENT specialist if the swelling persists ...Read more
I've had swollen tonsils for about 10 days but no pain or sore throat. Just discomfort from the swelling at times.
Real bad sore throat swollen tonsils arent sore just throat ive had it since wednesday been on zpack for 3 days so far when is it gonna go away?
If vitamin Z doesn't: do the trick after 3 days it's likely you have a viral pharyngitis which is much more likely than a strep throat. Did you even see a physician or was this called in for you like it is done many thousands of times inappropriately every year? Viral pharyngitis peaks at 4 days and then begins to improve almost invariably unless you smoke in which case the residual symptoms can last for a couple week ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible IM : Infectious mononucleiosis can present as pharryngitis . Have you evaluate and check your spleen. If enlarged and DX confirmed avoid contact sports. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bumps on the back of my tongue and sore throat
- Why is the roof of my mouth swollen and sore?
- The back of my throat is red and sore
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do about a sore throat and white patches at the back of my throat?
- Red bumps on the back of my tongue and sore throat
- My tonsils are swollen and have a bit of white stuff on them
- Why are the glands in my neck swollen and sore?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free