Doctor insights on:
Are Lazy Eyes Inherited Dominant Or Recessive
Genetics mostly: Eye color primarily determined by genes from your parents. Blue eye color for instance requires one recessive blue gene from each parent. Brown iris gene is dominant over blue so if child gets blue gene from mom and brown gene from dad then child will have light brown iris rather than blue. Certain diseases, eye trauma, and medications may alter eye color from original eye color after birth. ...Read more
Is there a test to find out which combination of eye colour genes (recessive/dominant/colours) a person carries?
I am doing a presentation for my class on down syndrome and I need to know why it isn't dominant or recessive.
P.S. I need a simplified answer
Neither: 90-90% of case of ALS are not inherited, it occurs at random at its cause is not known. In 5-10% of cases there is a familial form of the disease. In these 5-10% of cases it is usually dominant (meaning it is only necessary to have one copy of the defective gene) remember however most of the time it is not inherited at all. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Autosomal dominant: It is an autosomal dominant disorder. There is high risk of spontaneous mutations. See this site for more info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001577.htm. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Recessive dominant
- Dominant and recessive characteristics
- Dominant and recessive genes in humans
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Examples of dominant and recessive traits
- Is red hair recessive or dominant?
- Is muscular dystrophy dominant or recessive?
- Dominant and recessive inheritance
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free