Doctor insights on:
Are Hair Relaxers Safe For Young Girls
Not really...: Shaving hairs anywhere on the body is ok (as along as one does not create a skin rash by shaving too closely or getting too many ingrown hairs). Since the portion of the hair that is outside of the hair follicle is not alive, one's body does not know the hair has been cut (so cutting hair does not affect anything inside the body). The cut ends feel stiffer and sharper until they wear down again. ...Read more
Not usually: Hirsutism is male pattern hair growth in women. It may be due to excess androgens, especially testosterone. This may be due to polycystic ovarian syndrome. Discuss this w/your Family Doc, GYN or Planned Parenthood. There are medical options to deal w/metabolic issues of PCOS. Laser hair removal can get rid of hair once & for all. ...Read more
Don't shave delicate: Tissue. Insure you use fresh, sharp blades vice dull blades. If hair is > several mm long – then trim before shaving. Wash area before shaving – warm water helps to soften hair. Use a lubricant when shaving. Avoid using products that contain alcohol or are scented. Shave in direction of the hair – not against it. Be gentle when shaving – don’t push down too hard. Moisturize skin after shaving. ...Read more
No major impact.: There's no major health impact from this other than brief period of curly hair. ...Read more
Is it normal for girls to have some hair in the buttcrack (around the anus)? Or is there something wrong with me?
No.: Masturbation would not cause hair loss in men or women. Alopecia has several potential causes including malnutrition/vitamin deficiencies, infection of the skin/hair follicles, autoimmune disease, mechanical factors (constantly pulling at hair for example), hormone changes, high emotional or physical stress and severe illness (eg end stage liver or kidney disease) ...Read more
Is it true that a girls hair stops growing at a certain length because of their genetics? No matter if they cut it and keep it healthy etc? Ty dr
Not true: Hair growth does not stop at a certain length. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are adult mini trampolines safe for young children?
- Are fishermans friend throat lozenges safe for pregnant women?
- Is taking folic acid and biotin together safe for promoting hair growth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which vitamins are good for healthy hair teeth and nails
- What are the benefits of mustard oil for hair growth?
- Is senokot safe for pregnancy if not what are my alternatives?
- What are the signs of diabetes in young teenage girls?
- Talk to a pediatrician online