Doctor insights on:
Are Food Intolerances Like Msg And Onion Permanent
Sensitivity means allergy. Intolerance means something else - usually an inability to digest a component of the food in question. If you are intolerant to cow's milk it could be because you can't digest milk sugar also called lactose. That is called lactose intolerance which is due to lack of an enzyme that digests the milk sugar. The ...Read more
I get lots of floaters in vision when i eat foods with wheat or msg in them.Even a small amount like in flavoured chips.Allergy or seizure trigger?
Allergy: This is a flavor enhancer that makes a fair number of people sick ("chinese restaurant syndrome"). The best food suppliers don't need to use the stuff. It's actually the alkaline salt of one of the normal Amino Acids that make up a good chunk of your body, and is harmless to most people. ...Read more
All kinds: Msg (monosodium glutamate) is the sodium salt of glutamic acid which is a naturally occurring nonessential Amino Acid that is very abundant. It is used as a flavor enhancer, and is found in all sorts of foods. To avoid, read the label. See the following link: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/monosodium_glutamate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have bumps on my face that look like pimples but are not and they hurt
- What are the best foods to eat in pregnancy and why?
- What are the best foods to eat and to avoid while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are the plates and screws used to fix a broken ankle permanent?
- What foods to eat if sgpt and sgot are high?
- Are intraocular lens implants a permanent cure for cataracts and myopia?
- Foods that are antiviral antibacterial and antifungal
- Talk to an allergist online for free