Doctor insights on:
Are Electric Blankets Safe For People With Peripheral Neuropathy
A complete nerve transection will leave an area totally numb. The distribution of the numbers depends upon where the nerve was cut. A partial nerve injury may leave the area tingly or incompletely numb. Finally even if the nerve is not cut the swelling and bruising to the tea can affect the nerve as well. Usually we consider sharp penetrating injuries as likely having nerve lacerations when sensation is lost. A hand surgeon can examine the hand and pinpoint the site or extent of nerve injury and recommend ...Read more
I take gabapentin 300 mg twice a day for severe bilateral peripheral neuropathy pain. Is 900 mg a day safe for kidneys? I'm stage 3, PKD patient.
Increase Gabapentin?: Gabapentin (g) toxicity in patients with chronic kidney disease (ckd) is under recognized. Patients with ckd often receive inappropriately high g dosage for their kidney function, occasioning overt toxicity; advanced age and comorbidity predispose ckd patients to toxicity. I would ask your nephrologist's (c) opinion before increasing the dose, as the n knows you the best. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is metanx safe as an initial treatment for non-diabetic peripheral neuropathy and reduced kidney function? It seems like a lot of vitamin b6.
Yes: It's very safe. They have a propriatory mixture of vitamins and all are at safe levels. We need a lot of certain vitamins to reverse a deficiency and let your body begin to store them again. It may be more than the fda "minimum" daily requirement, but still at a very safe level. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Peripheral neuropathy is discovered on history and physical exam, perhaps with confirmatory electric nerve studies Folic Acid deficiency will cause general ill-health, mental slowing, and anemia more than a peripheral neuropathy despite claims of "independent thinkers." some people need more Folic Acid than others, even though uncle sam now supplements flour with it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are mris safe for people with metal implants in their spine?
- What supplements are safe for people with kidney disease gout diabetes?
- Benefits of exercise for people with peripheral neuropathy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are hot tubs a problem for people with pacemakers?
- Is slim fast safe for people with kidney problems?
- What are the benefits of vitamin b12 for people with a pinched nerve?
- Is it safe for people with scoliosis to ride roller coasters?
- Talk to a neurologist online