Doctor insights on:
Are Cortisone Shots Good For The Pain Of Degenerative Joint Disease
Can be: We do quite a few cortisone shots in multiple joints such as knees, shoulders, hips, and fingers to name a few. The shots can reduce pain and swelling for months. We limit the amount of injections we do into the same joints. Too many cortisone injections into the same joint can have side effects. Injections are helpful in moderation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with degenerative joint disease. Are shots and surgery effective?
What is degenerative joint disease in your back, sacroilitis, and SI joint? Will taking an joint injections help easy the pain?
Arthritis pain: Degenerative joint disease (DJD) is a descriptive phrase for arthritis. DJD involves wear and tear to the articular cartilage of the knee. This process can cause pain and inflammation, which can range from mild to severe, depending on the severity of the arthritis. For help with treatment of your djd, consult an orthopaedic surgeon. ...Read more
Upshot?: If you are asking what is good about djd, the answer is nothing. If you want to know about successful treatments, then we are talking anti-inflammatory medications, general analgesics, range-of-motion exercises as well as aerobic activities. Stretching and strengthening exercises are all useful. Injections can help a ton as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
DDD and aging: Degenerative joint disease is part of the process of aging, though it can be accelerated due to medication, structure damage causing additional wear on adjacent joint, or familial tendancy to this syndrome. It is the breakdown of the joint, often the spinal discs, causing nerve pain or simple bone pain. Medications (non-opioid) or surgery may be in your future. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of cortisone shots for mortons neuroma?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid degenerative joint disease?
- What are the dangers of using acai berry for joint pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the common causes of joint pain in a 25 year old patient?
- What are some pros and cons for cortisone shots vs surgery for back pain?
- What are the reasons for pigmentation changes on the joints of my hand?
- How to apply raw cabbage leaves for the relief of joint pain?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free