Doctor insights on:
Are Contact Lenses A Different Prescription Than My Glasses
Numbers game: Fitting cl is an art form as much as science. When the eyeglass refraction is placed in a cl if the number is large enough the strength of the contact may be different to cause good vision. The fit can also change the numbers. These are called "fudge factors'. The numbers are not as important as the ability to see wella nd comfortably. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My contact lens prescription is different from my glasses prescription. Is it supposed to be like that?
Yes: The optical principle is lens effectivity. As any lens is moved away from your eye it becomes inherently more powerful (positive) the inverse is also true, as a lens is moved to eye, becomes weaker (negative). So contacts and glasses are adjusted accordingly only if it will affect the final clinical outcome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Slightly tricky: Mostly straightforward if there is no astigmatism but a little involved if there is astigmatism. I assume you are ordering lenses online and will need that conversion. There is also some experience functions depending upon the type of lens. Check with your ophthalmologist to get this done for you. Optometrists are unlikely to do it as they prefer to sell you lenses. ...Read more
Are optometrists able to tell what my contact lens prescription are by just looking at your glasses?
No: Fitting of contact lenses involves more than just the power of your corrective lenses. The corneal curvature, size of your cornea and general health of the anterior surface of your eye are taken into consideration. How your eye tolerates a specific contact lens is determined during the followup phase of your fitting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: A special exam and prescription are needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you explain why my contact lens dioptry is higher than my glasses dioptry?
- Will i need to get a contact lens fitting every time my prescription changes
- Can i use my glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell how bad my vision is from my contact lens prescription?
- Is there a way to determine my visual acuity from my contact prescription?
- Why are my eyes irritated from wearing contact lenses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free