Doctor insights on:
Are Contact Lens Good For Your Eyes
Yes and no: Contact lenses certainly help you see better without having to wear glasses. But you must take care to clean your lenses regularly. And remember, the eye was not meant to have anything touching it. Over time, your eyes may become dry, irritated and develop allergies to the contacts. There is also a risk for severe eye infection if proper hygiene is not practiced. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it your contact?: You need to be careful what drops you use when wearing soft contacts, generally only preservative free tears or moisture drops specifically formulated for contacts. If your eyes are frequently red in your contacts, though, i wonder if you are having irritation from your solution or your contacts. Are eyes still red when you take a weeklong holiday from your contacts? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: If the issue is only dryness causing eye redness, any over the counter lubricating drop would help (do not use the ones that say 'gets the red out'). These are all compatible with contact lenses. Be sure the redness is not due to allergy, infection or internal eye inflammation. Your ophthalmologist can help if the redness is persistent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do you advise if I'm using eye glass from two year. but now I want to try eye contact lens.but I don't know is contact lens is good?
What kind of lens?: Although there are extended wear contact lenses, i recommended daily removal before sleeping. Tears provide anti-infective compounds and enzymes which are in short supply during sleep when tear production drops. This puts the eye at greater risk for potentially sight threatening infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are contact lenses bad for your eyes?
- What type of contact lenses are best for your eyes?
- Can you wear contact lenses even when your eyes are tired?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes?
- How long does it take for eyes to adjust to contact lenses?
- What are good red eye drops that work with soft contact lens?
- The best contact lenses for sensitive eyes
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free