Doctor insights on:
Are Contact Lens Good For Your Eyes
Yes and no: Contact lenses certainly help you see better without having to wear glasses. But you must take care to clean your lenses regularly. And remember, the eye was not meant to have anything touching it. Over time, your eyes may become dry, irritated and develop allergies to the contacts. There is also a risk for severe eye infection if proper hygiene is not practiced. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it your contact?: You need to be careful what drops you use when wearing soft contacts, generally only preservative free tears or moisture drops specifically formulated for contacts. If your eyes are frequently red in your contacts, though, i wonder if you are having irritation from your solution or your contacts. Are eyes still red when you take a weeklong holiday from your contacts? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do you advise if I'm using eye glass from two year. but now I want to try eye contact lens.but I don't know is contact lens is good?
Depends: If the issue is only dryness causing eye redness, any over the counter lubricating drop would help (do not use the ones that say 'gets the red out'). These are all compatible with contact lenses. Be sure the redness is not due to allergy, infection or internal eye inflammation. Your ophthalmologist can help if the redness is persistent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Solution not lens: Generally, we see that patients who have contact lens allergies are sensitive not to the lens but to the disinfection solutions. We usually attempt to transition patients to a hydrogen peroxide system and if necessary to daily disposables. Addressing environmental allergens is very important as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of contact lenses are best for your eyes?
- Contact lenses itchy eyes
- Contact lenses stinging eyes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Eyes rejecting contact lenses
- How to remove soft contact lenses from your eyes?
- Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes weaker as in comparison to glasses?
- Can you wear contact lenses even when your eyes are tired?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free