Doctor insights on:
Are Cold Sores Really A Form Of Herpes
Also referred to as fever blisters, cold sores are small, painful fluid-filled blisters that are usually found around the lips. Cold sores are generally caused by the herpes simplex virus 1 which is related to herpes simplex virus 2 that causes genital herpes. Cold sores are very contagious and can be spread by mouth to mouth contact. They can spread to the genitalia and cause genital ...Read more
Everyone makes fun of me because i get cold sores, and tells me I have herpes, do I really have herpes?
Herpes labialis: Or "orolabial herpes" is an infection of the lip by herpes simplex virus. The lessons, small blisters or sores are located around the mouth, also called fever blisters or cold sores. The condition heals within 2–3 weeks. Herpes labialis can reoccur 3-4 times a year. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cold sores herpes simplex
- Are cold sores always herpes?
- Are all cold sores caused by herpes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cold sores herpes simplex 1
- Oral herpes vs cold sores
- Are all cold sores herpes related?
- Cold sores oral herpes treatment
- Talk to a dermatologist online