Doctor insights on:
Are Chromosomal Abnormalities Confined To Certain Parts Of The Body
No: The typical chromosomal(chm) defect shows up as abnormal chm in every cell of your body. Some cells do little (skin just sits there) while others do a lot ( form the heart, hands, brain). The need for detail in complex parts means the defect will have more effect. Rare chm defects produce a mosaic, where a fraction of the body has normal & others abnormal. Variable effect. ...Read more
Usually: The vast majority of trisomy patients will have the trisomy in every cell of their body. There is a small percentage that will be what is called a mosaic, where the trisomy effects a fraction of the cells. In theory the trisomy starts in one group of cells and continues to all that develop after the change, but another normal line also produces normal tissues. The amount affects the outcome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
THE absolute #1...: ...Most common chromosome abnormality is trisomy 21, or down's syndrome, and that is associated with advanced maternal age, becoming more common in pregnancies in women over 36. Preexisting abnormalities in parents is close second, toxins and radiation a very distant third, with a large number having no apparent cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chromosomal Abnormal: Chromosomal abnormalities is a broad category. It means there is some gene or genes that are missing or extra. Depending on the particular chromosome affected is the kind of therapy needed. This usually is not something fixed but you can offer modalities to strengthen the weak areas. Usually physical therapy occupational therapy and speech. You work on the problems caused by the abnormality. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are chromosomal abnormalities such as the ones shown confined only to certain parts of the body?
- Are there certain foods that increase circulation to distal parts of the body?
- What parts of the body are affected by color blindness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Spreading impetigo
- Does neuroblastoma metastasize to other parts of the body?
- Can a bone cyst spread to other parts of the body?
- What are the parts of the body cirrhosis affected by cirrhosis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online