Doctor insights on:
Are Children More Susceptible To Meningococcemia
Maturity helps: Yes, their brains are undergoing maturation especially during the first2-3 years of life thereby making them more susceptible. Alo they have not yet reached adult levels of immunity. Newborn babies are usually screened for toxo in most states because of their susceptibility. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: If we look at a 12-month period, the prevalence of depression is about 1% for pre-pubertal children and around 3% for post-pubertal adolescents. This is from a national guideline from the uk. More information at: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0015779/. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: This spring a former pt & 14oz premi named the "littlest angel" by local media, graduated from baylor & reminds me that even those with a troublesome start can do great. Neonatal units are not a perfect substitute for a womb & number wise there is a correlation with intensity of neonatal problems & learning problems later. Each child is unique & early childhood programs help monitor progress. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nope: Immune-compromised patients are.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not necessarily kids: Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (abpa) is a hypersensitivity reaction to a. Fumigatus colonization of the tracheobronchial tree and occurs in conjunction with asthma and cystic fibrosis (cf). 0.25-0.8% of people with asthma and approximately 7% of patients with CF are estimated to have abpa (this includeds kids and adults). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor online
- Are children more susceptible to sepsis?
- Are children or the elderly more susceptible to ringworm?
- Are there people more susceptible to malaria?
- Are preemies more susceptible to infection?
- Are preemies more susceptible to sids?
- Are there people more susceptible to pinworm?
- Are there people more susceptible to scabies?
- Are preemies more susceptible to learning difficulties?
- Are children or the elderly more susceptible to tuberculosis?