Doctor insights on:
Are Cephalosporins Good For Ut Is
Usually, not always: Cephalosporins can be good for uti's, but its also possible to have a UTI with bacteria that are resistant to cephalosporins. When in doubt its good to do a urine culture and sensitivity where the urine can be tested to determine the type of bacteria present and what, if any, antibiotics the bacteria are resistant to being treated with. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If bacteria become resistant to cephalosporins, what can be used to treat UTI in elderly person or one with renal damage?
Other options.: Use of an antibiotic to which the bacteria are resistant will result in treatment failure. This is why it is so important to get a urine culture & perform sensitivity testing to determine which antibiotic will work. In an elderly patient with renal failure, the dose may need adjustment depending on the medication. Many options do exist, so consult with your physicians. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Should you resume keflex daily to suppress UTI if you got klebsiella UTI on it and were treated with cephalosporin?
No: The usual drugs used to prevent frequently recurring uti's are sulfa/trimethoprim( septra or bactrim), norfloxacin, or Nitrofurantoin given in relatively low doses each night. I do not recommend Nitrofurantoin (macrobid) because of its potentially serious side effects. Penicillins and cephalosporins are usually not used for this indication. ...Read more
Cephalosporin antibiotic for uti? And does this class of antibiotics cause any heart effects like qt prolongation?
Med eval: Seek medical treatment before complications arise.Get a more detailed answer ›
None: See your md for proper meds.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are tampons good for clots?
- Fast home remedies that are good for stool softening
- Are chia seeds good for thyroid problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are sweet potatoes good for pregnant women?
- What vitamins are good for blood circulation?
- Can you tell me if there are good shoes to wear for varicose veins?
- What are good physical therapy exercises for fingers?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free