Doctor insights on:
Are Bronchial Spasms Related To Allergies
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
I believe I have developed a secondary infection in my bronchial tubes from my sinuses and allergy. I have a major cough and I am coughing up green clumps of mucus.
NO: Bronchial spasms are charcteristic of what is called asthma. They affect small caliber tubes that have a muscle layer than can be sensitve to different stimuli such as allergens, cold temperature, viral infections, drug reactions etc.. They are not contagious but can have familial predisposition. ...Read more
Stuffy Nose?: Yes, it is possible. Air conditioners have filters but if not changed regularly or the air conditioner is old it can release dust, mold and other things in the air condition into the air that your breathe. In turn the nose will react an cause your nose to be stuffy. See you doctor for appropriate treatment and management. ...Read more
Many things: Pet dander, dust mites, molds, grasses, tree pollens !!!! ...Read more
I still have food-related problems even though my allergy test showed negative results. How can that be?
Intolerance?: Approximately 20-25% of people believe they have a food allergy, when in most cases it is an intolerance. Strictly speaking, 3-5% of children and 1-3% of adults have a true food allergy. Regardless, if symptoms are consistent after ingestion, the food must be avoided and a visit to physician is warranted for further work-up to ascertain the correct diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which otc allergy meds are safe to use with diazepam
- Are my hot flashes related to my lung cancer?
- What are some health problems related to inadequate diets?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How are ldl hdl and cholesterol related to heart disease?
- Are fibroids and ovarian cysts related to metabolic syndrome?
- What are the allergy symptoms to eucalyptus pollen?
- Are myelofibrosis and multiple myeloma are related to each other?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free