Doctor insights on:
Are Breathing Problems Common In People With Anxiety
Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying. These disorders affect how we feel and behave, and they can manifest real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can be extremely debilitating, having a serious ...Read more
Have to take Adderall ir 3x a day 20 mg/20mg/10mg. I've had major anxiety, breathing problems, chest pain, and heart racing. Is this common?
In general, I think: It is fair to say that anyone with a breathing disorders such as asthma, copd, or emphysema, will be likely to have a worsening difficulty with breathing when anxiety is present. When we are anxious, we tend to do chest breathing as opposed to diaphragmatic breathing. The end result is that the muscles between our ribs go into spasm and breathing becomes more difficult unless we learn how to breathe by lowering our diaphragm so that the air can freely enter in to the lungs as they expand more downward instead of outward as is the case with chest breathing. Best wishes. ...Read more
I don't know if stress and anxiety are causing my breathing problems or if its the other way around. How do I find out once and for all? This is awful
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are fungal infections more common in people with heart disease?
- Are hot tubs a problem for people with pacemakers?
- Are there lung or breathing problems associated with graves disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is farsightedness and astigmatisms in people with downs syndrome?
- What are some of the common podiatry problems associated with laxity?
- What are the most common causes of sepsis in people that do not have a spleen?
- How many people are diagnosed with kidney disease each year in america?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free