Doctor insights on:
Are Blood Clots Normal On A Pill
No: I assume that you mean to ask if it is normal to develop blood clots when taking oral contraceptive pills (ocp). The risk of developing blood clots (deep vein thrombosis, coronary artery thrombosis) is slightly increased in persosn taking ocp, however, this is not normal. The risks are particularly increased in patients with acquired or genetic clotting tendencies. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Wait for a few: Months before changing contraceptive.Get a more detailed answer ›
They don't: They don't but nature does while the medicine prevents new ones from forming. ...Read more
Had wanted to switch maybe to a pill with low estrogen. Do the risk of blood clots come from the estrogen?
I'm 17, I want to start the combination pill, but I'm too worried about blood clots side effects. What are the real chances of this happening to me?
It depends: On your heredity, whether you're a smoker, whether there's a genetic risk. Even if you have a tendency to blood clots, you're safer with this oral contraceptive than with a pregnancy. Congratulations on your making this responsible and mature choice -- your physician can explain the odds and risks. ...Read more
Does the progestin only pill pose any less risks towards developing blood clots than the combined pills do, or is it about the same?
Pain is key, worse: When flexing/extending ankle. Is one leg larger than the other? Call your doc if so or go to urgent care. U/s next, used to require venogram now rarely if ever done. The risk is dislodged clot, piece traveling to lung causing pulmonary embolus. Can be lethal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Heavy period with blood clots is this normal
- Is it normal to have blood clots in a period?
- Is it normal to have blood clots during a period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to pass blood clots during your period?
- Is it normal to have blood clots in your period?
- Is it normal to bleed blood clots during a period?
- Is it normal to get blood clots during your period?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free