Doctor insights on:
Are All Cold Sores Herpes Related
Also referred to as fever blisters, cold sores are small, painful fluid-filled blisters that are usually found around the lips. Cold sores are generally caused by the herpes simplex virus 1 which is related to herpes simplex virus 2 that causes genital herpes. Cold sores are very contagious and can be spread by mouth to mouth contact. They can spread to the genitalia and cause genital ...Read more
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are all cold sores caused by herpes?
- Are shingles and cold sores related?
- Are all lip sores herpes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are cold sores always herpes?
- Cold sores all over lips
- Do all cold sores blister?
- Is herpes and cold sores the same thing?
- Talk to a dermatologist online