Doctor insights on:
Anyone Know What This Brown Line Growing On My Fingernail Could Be
Melanonychia: Longitudinal melanonychia may be a sign of subungual melanoma (acral lentiginous melanoma), although there are other diagnosis such as chronic paronychia, onychomycosis, subungual hematoma, pyogenic granuloma, glomus tumour, subungual verruca, mucous cyst, subungual fibroma, keratoacanthoma, carcinoma of the nail bed, and subungual exostosis. ...Read more
Brown/yellow growing spot under fingernail near cuticle. Could it be fungus if it is where the cuticle is?
Absolutely,: see dermatologist for absolute diagnosis and prescription treatment ...Read more
Fingernails: Yes. Fingernails are dead protein material which grows out from the proximal nail fold or cuticle area. The production of the nail unit is extremely complicated and it is a matter of skin growth and the physics of pressures related in the nail. If you have continued problems, see your dermatologist. ...Read more
Dark brown nails: See your doctor for a possible hypothyroid condition. It may also bre seen with pregnancies. ...Read more
More info needed: Sounds like you damaged the nail bed at some point in time. Could also be fungal. Can you re-ask your question and attach a picture???? ...Read more
Fingernail problem: There are many reasons for the deformation of the fingernails. Among these are some very important systemic diseases. Many facets of fingernail growth are assessed by dermatologist when she or he he looks at them. See a dermatologist now. No excuses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are my fingernails growing inward?
- Black line on fingernail what causes
- I have a black line on my fingernail
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats this brown line on my penis
- Does anyone know what stachybotrys and cryptococcus might be?
- My stomach is growing could i be pregnant
- Why are my fingernails growing very slowly after hand surgery?
- Talk to a dermatologist online